Friday, February 11, 2011

50th Birthday

Last Saturday I was invited to celebrate the 50th birthday of a friend. There was a theme...we were asked to wear black with orange accessories! So I decided when asked to make the card for a group of us to keep that theme in mind. Here is the card I came up with.

I used Artistic Etchings stamp set and Friendly Words Jumbo Wheel to stamp the background. I have used Whisper White craft ink (don't forget to heat set it) and I spritzed the black card with "Champagne Mist" Shimmer Paint. The flower is made using the scallop circle punch. Simply screw up several punched pieces and open out again before placing a rhinestone brad through the centre. I have also used the Scallop Trim Border punch to create the decorative edge on the main piece of black card. Basic Black 1+1/4inch Grossgrain Ribbon wrapped around and tied in a knot finishes off the card.



 Then there was issue wiht the envelope. I didn't have one large enough that looked any good, so I made an envelope using a sheet of 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper. It was a little different and a bit arty, but I think she really appreciated it being a fellow papercrafter.



The below picture gives you a better idea of the envelope...it is super easy to make and is secured closed with tape or snail.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lea!
    Just stopping by to say hello (& how did I miss this card?). I've given you an award on my blog to thank you for the inspiration & friendship you share with me. Lots of hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice artwork! By the way, If you have time,
    drop by my painting blog...Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Disclaimer

All content on this site is an expression of my creativity and as such is not endorsed by Stampin Up! As an independant demonstrator, I choose to use Stampin' Up! products however all comments are my own personal thoughts and are not intended to represent Stampin' Up! in any way.