Monday, May 30, 2011

Extreme Guitar and Teenage Boys

 
I love this stamp for my teenage son and friends. It is oftern hard to find the right thing for this age group. Not only is there a limited choice of age appropriate images, but their taste makes it hard to impress. This image is grungy enough to do the job. I find that if you can get some texture happening as well it adds to the blokey feel. I have used the files from our "Distressing Essentials Kit"  to rough up the edges. 

In particular youthful boys hate anything childish since they are trying to exert independance, therefore you need to avoid anything overly bright and cute.

Ok, this isn't a great picture...sorry, but I think you get the idea. The other thing I did for this card was I made and envelope from brown paper and lined it with black paper - it looked great!
















Supplies Used:
Extreme Guitar Stamp (121512) $18.95
Word Play Stamp Set(120651) $74.95
Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel (111254) $15.95
Basic Black Cardstock
Crumb Cake Cardstock
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock
Whisper White Craft Ink
Basic Black Classic Inkpad
Distressing Essentials Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Disclaimer

All content on this site is an expression of my creativity and as such is not endorsed by Stampin Up! As an independant demonstrator, I choose to use Stampin' Up! products however all comments are my own personal thoughts and are not intended to represent Stampin' Up! in any way.